The Illinois Nation Indian Guides program provides children and their fathers with opportunities to become real friends by sharing enjoyable experiences, observing and learning about one another, and developing mutual respect. We believe that by investing a little time with your child now, you may build a relationship that will last a lifetime!
Indian Guide “Tribes” consist of 8-10 groups of parents and children living in the same area, creating lasting friendships and building your community. Monthly meetings and other fun “nation” events emphasize the important role that parents play in the growth and development of their children.
The Illinois Nation is a Father and Son program that is made up of five father and son tribes: Black Bear, Cherokee Forest, Menominee, Moose and Snake. Other nations of the Algonquin Longhouse Indian Guides program provide a focus on younger children and other parent child combinations (e.g. parent and daughters).
- To be clean in body and pure in heart
- To be friends forever with my Dad / Son
- To love the sacred circle of my family
- To be attentive when others speak
- To love my neighbor as myself
- To respect the traditions and beliefs of all people
- To seek and preserve the beauty of the Great Spirit’s work, in forest, field and stream
If you have interest in joining or would like more information: